Thursday, January 3, 2013

The dreaded "D" word.....

...DIET....such a four letter word!

So since I am determined to make the weight loss happen this time and not to get discouraged I thought blogging about it might help.  I officially started yesterday when I went back to work.  I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone, and I am using it to track my progress.  According to it my goal calories for each day is a little less than 1500 calories.  The past 2 days I have been under my goal, but dang have I been HUNGRY!! I can't help it, I LOVE FOOD!! And not just any food, the fattening bad for you kind.  I love sweets and carbs and bread! I do eat some veggies, but I am pretty picky about them.  I am trying to make more of an effort to control my portions and eat more fruits and veggies. 

I also need to get off my behind and get MOVING doing some sort of exercise.  The thing with me and exercise is I love the thought of it, but never really carry through! I started Couch to 5k and quit after a week because it hurt my ankles too much.  I join a gym and go consistently for a few months and then quit going even though I signed a year contract.  I recently saw they were going to be offering Zumba classes locally, and you pay monthly so no contract! I am thinking that may be something I can stick with.  I REALLLLLLY wish I enjoyed running more than I do because it sounds so relaxing when people take about it, but even back in my high school days when I played softball and basketball I HATED running any distance other than around the bases or up and down the court!

I am going to try to blog weekly or biweekly with my progress and hopefully that will keep me accountable.  Here is my before picture (from Sept. 2012 but I look the same).  Hopefully the after picture will be a much smaller me!!

 
 
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment