Friday, December 14, 2012

Why??

Why??? That is the question that keeps ringing in my head today.  Why did someone feel the need to take the life of others? Why did someone go in to a place where children should feel safe, and take their lives? Why should these families have to suffer at Christmas thanks to the cowardly act of someone else? WHY?

As I sat in my classroom reading the reports of this horrific shooting today I was thankful that my students were safe.  I was thankful that my children were happily enjoying the Christmas festivities at their school.  I was thankful that even though the students make me mad as fire some days, that they were safely enjoying movies and time with friends today.

So tonight I will hug my babies a little tighter and pray for the family and friends of the victims in CT.  I will also pray for all students and employees of the school and the terror that they will never be able to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment