Monday, April 6, 2009

Back to work...

...but at least the only kid I have to deal with is my own. Today our kids got the day off due to the roads being impassable in much of our county. It is nice to be eased back into the work week, but we lost a day of CRCT review. Our students start CRCT next week. Don't even get me started on how much I despise the idea of a standardized test judging what my students have learned. We are told to "differentiate" our teaching, but they (the state) give our kids the same standardized test, how fair is that??? Oh well, it is part of the job!

Alexas will take her first CRCT next week, and I am really nervous for her! She doesn't do well with the whole sitting still and not talking thing! Plus she tends to get nervous about stuff like that. I think she was happy not to have to go back to school today, though she is stuck at my school with me. Landon was happy to see Ms. Lois at daycare today, he gave her a great big hug! He is such a cuddly guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment